Clawson is a city in Oakland County in the U.S. state of Michigan. It is part of the Detroit metropolitan area. As of the 2010 census, its population was 11,825.
The city's name is a misspelling of John Lawson's name, a local settler. Clawson began in 1829 and was originally known as Pumachug and The Corners. It was incorporated in 1921 as a village and in 1940 as a city.
Find out more about Clawson: City of Clawson