Pinckney is located in Putnam Township in southern Livingston County. The area was first settled in 1827 by William Kirkland who moved from New York with his family, including wife Caroline who gained fame (and a bit of notoriety) with her writings about the area. With his brother-in-law, James Stansbury, Kirkland formed the William Kirkland Company, which organized the village. Kirkland named the community after his brother, Charles Pinckney Kirkland, a New York attorney. The village was platted in 1837 and incorporated as a village in 1883.
Three miles west of Pinckney, on Patterson Lake Road, is the famous tourist destination of Hell, Michigan.
The data relating to real estate on this website comes from REALTORS® who submit listing information to the Internet Date Exchange (IDX) Program of the Eastern Central Area Association of Realtors. All MLS listings are marked with an Eastern Central Area Association of REALTORS® icon. Information being provided on this website is for consumers' personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing.