Lewis Cass, the third governor of Michigan Territory, established the boundaries of Oakland County in 1819. Waterford Township was organized in 1834.
In 1818, Oliver Williams selected land in Oakland County which he purchased for two dollars an acre. Archibald Phillips and Alpheus Williams purchased 161.40 acres (653,200 m2) in what later became Waterford Village.
The data relating to real estate on this website comes from REALTORS® who submit listing information to the Internet Date Exchange (IDX) Program of the Eastern Central Area Association of Realtors. All MLS listings are marked with an Eastern Central Area Association of REALTORS® icon. Information being provided on this website is for consumers' personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing.